11.25.2009

Pre-Thanksgiving

This is one of my favorite times of year, but not only for the great food and excuse to eat in excess. I love the colors of fall: bright, bold and vibrant, on a crisp day, against a strikingly blue sky. It feeds my soul and calms me.

With that said, I must share one of my favorite recipes that I make:



Pumpkin Muffins

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1/3 cup buttermilk
* 1 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)

PREHEAT oven to 400° F. Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups. (I like to make mini muffins. Cook at the same temp, just bake a few minutes less.)

COMBINE flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and ginger in large bowl. Combine butter, pumpkin, eggs and buttermilk in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture, stir just until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.

BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.


And now some Etsy finds:

Turkey (shaped) Soap




Felted "Snow Pumpkin"


Cute Mini Rainbow Wreath
(I love the idea and may have to make one for myself.
I also like that its rainbow, aka: all-season)


Pumpkin Shadow Box

Full Size Fall Wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment