10.14.2010

Before

Today is the beginning of the rest of my life. I will begin a new journey that will guide me to become more healthy, more fit, more happy and THIN! My best friend has been on Weight Watchers for the past several months and has encouraged me to join her once all the wedding mayhem has stopped. Mark and I have been back from Paris for less than a week, and I've been looking forward to my first WW meeting for a long while. I am ready!

This is my 'Before' photo. It was taken the morning of my wedding, while I was getting my makeup done and my hair was setting in curls. I think it is a beautiful photo. The lighting is wonderful, I'm happy, I look pretty, and I look fat. It's that simple. This is me at my heaviest: 302 lbs. (Yes interwebs, I'm publicly announced my true weight! I refused to be ashamed!)



Something has clicked (finally!) inside me, allowing me to (finally!) accept that I NEED to lose weight. And this time it's for the right reason: I'm doing this for myself! I want to be able to go shopping at any store without frustration. I want to be able to walk up a hill or flight of stairs and not be winded. I want to be able to one day have kids and be able to play with them! I'm ready for life and I'm ready for this journey. Bring it!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Kelly, you are such an inspiration. I still think you are beautiful and I think your goals are admirable. I behind you all the way.

    ReplyDelete