6.30.2009

In Honor of Pride Weekend

Last weekend was the Gay Pride Celebration in Seattle. I had to work at a booth (to promote my Non-Profit:The Deaf-Blind Service Center) and once my shift was over I had the chance to wander through all the booths. Not being gay myself, but a big supporter of equal rights and a lover of all things rainbow I thought this would be the prefect place to spend a little dough on some fun stuff. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the quality and quantity of the vendors there. First and foremost: 5 food vendors is unacceptable! Especially since my favorite strawberry shortcake seller was not one of them (*super pout face*). Secondly: enough with the "Informational Booths", maybe they would've appealed more to me if I was gay, but really, I'm here for the merch. Finally: the Merchandise (or lack there of), come on! I want to spend my hard earned cash on pretty little rainbows, and you'd think that this would be the perfect place to do so! Boy was I wrong, they had a few so-so t-shirt booths, a Palm Reader and a booth selling paddles and cuffs (which is fitting, but not my style).
So when I arrived home that night I decided I needed to fulfill my rainbow cravings, so I hopped on Etsy and found these fun things:

Rainbow Door Sign

Rainbow Felt Soap - Lavender Scented


Rainbow Wrist Cuff


Pair of Rainbow Soup Mugs
(& one Coffee Mug, not shown)

Rainbow Shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment